We are currently seeking to fill the position to provide asset management and reporting support to the Financial Accounting Team. This position is based in Canberra.
The Financial Accounting Team is responsible for meeting the department’s statutory financial reporting requirements including preparation of annual financial statements. The team is responsible for meeting the department’s asset accounting requirements including maintaining the assets register, coordinating stock take and valuation processes and providing accounting and financial advice on the diverse range of assets managed by the department.
The role’s responsibilities will include:
• contributing to the annual financial statements including high quality and comprehensive supporting reconciliations and workpapers
• management of the assets register, including the Comcover asset schedule
• coordination of the annual asset stocktake process
• coordination of the revaluation of assets and impairment reviews
• developing high quality and fit for purpose accounting policies and position papers
• maintaining professional working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
• providing high quality financial reporting and accounting advice.
Your Background and Experience
The ideal candidate will have:
• Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in commerce, accounting, finance, business or a related field is mandatory.
• Technical knowledge in accounting for non-financial assets and knowledge or an ability to gain an understanding of Australian Government financial reporting requirements.
• Analytical - the ability to identify underlying issues and interrogate financial information. An ability to provide practical solutions to complex accounting matters.
• Excellent relationship management skills - ability to build strong relationships with senior stakeholders to achieve a high level of trust and respect to influence outcomes and communicate findings.
• Regular communication and collaboration - understand the business environment, challenges, and priorities.
• Astute judgement - the capability to assess a situation, weigh up risk and reward and act with integrity and professionalism when dealing with sensitive or classified information.
• Detail oriented - strong attention to detail and ability to manage competing priorities and tight deadlines.
Salary / Rate
- $80k - $100k + Super
How To Apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. If you have already filled out our Candidate Registration Form for another role previously, please contact us on email@example.com.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Anthony Mora on 0407 526 656 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Xaana ARIMA is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and we encourage applications from people of all cultures, capabilities and backgrounds.