This is a Non-Ongoing or Permanent opportunity for a Management Accountant to apply their working knowledge of the Commonwealth budget process. Be a part of a professional, collegiate and collaborative team that provide meaningful financial information to internal and external stakeholders. This is a great chance to apply your skills and experience in a supportive environment.
The role’s responsibilities will include:
• Lead and support in external budget activities including preparation of input into the Portfolio Budget Statements and all other budget estimates activities including CBMS updates, CMP’s, monthly profiles, costing etc
• Lead and support in the preparation of internal and cost recovered budget activities through proactive delivery of key budget tasks and robust financial modelling
• Support in a range of management reports including monthly Executive management reports, providing accurate and timely advice to stakeholders
• Work to build consistent and effective practices for budgeting, forecasting, exception analysis and resource planning
• Ensure financial policies and procedures are reviewed and revised regularly for the management accounting and budget function, and promote them through the delivery of effective documentation, training and development processes
Your Background and Experience
The ideal candidate will have:
• Proven working knowledge of the federal government external budget cycle
• Solid financial literacy and the ability to communicate financial information to non-finance literate staff
• Demonstrated ability to develop and implement financial management strategies engaging a range of stakeholders
• Excellent interpersonal influencing and advisory skills including the ability to work collaboratively with to achieve support for new approached and measures
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to problem solve, work flexibly and collaboratively within a team environment
• SAP/Technology One and/or CBMS experience
Salary / Rate
- $80k - $100k + Super
How To Apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. If you have already filled out our Candidate Registration Form for another role previously, please contact us on email@example.com.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Anthony Mora on 0407 526 656 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Xaana ARIMA is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and we encourage applications from people of all cultures, capabilities and backgrounds.