This is an opportunity for an experienced Data Engineer to provide data expertise and technical build support to innovate, build, and maintain well-managed data solutions and capabilities to solve business problems for a Federal Government agency.
The Senior Data Engineer will take ownership of the agency’s data analytics engineering solutions, manage and organise data while keeping an eye out for trends or inconsistencies that will impact business goals.
The role’s responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Utilise programmatic and quantitative methods to identify patterns and relationships in large data sets, as well as apply mathematical, statistical, and other data-driven analysis to address intelligence questions
• Perform quantitative analysis of complex business situations, such as strategies, performance, and solutions involving system performance and efficiency
• Conduct detailed data analysis on data used across business units to evaluate business processes, discrepant data scenarios and improve on/create new feature
• Apply advanced computer modelling, database tools and/or other approaches in conducting the analysis
• Provide data solutions, tools, and capabilities to enable self-service frameworks for data consumers
• Respond to data and product related inquiries in real-time to support business and technical teams
• Perform various data analytics in R, Python, SAS including SQL/PL SQL and MS Excel using statistical models or industry accepted tools
• Provide relational database expertise to construct and execute SQL queries to be used in data analysis activities
Your Background and Experience
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in:
• At least 5 years in a data engineer or analyst position, preferably working as a Data Engineer in a fast-paced and dynamic business setting
• Must have industry experience in data analysis using R, Python, SAS, including SQL/PL SQL and other database management tools
• Must be proficient in using cloud-based tools, MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint, which are all necessary for the creation of visually and verbally engaging reports, for the various assigned departmental heads, management, and stakeholders. The Senior Data Engineer will also demonstrate skills in SQL server reporting services, Salesforce, analysis services, Tableau, or any other data visualization tools
• Must be proficient in working with Big Data tools such as Hadoop, Pig, Hive, Apache Spark, MapReduce, NoSQL and other similar tools
• Experience processing unstructured data in XML/JSON
• Experience working in report creation, modelling, and trend forecasting. A suitable candidate will have a strong background in SQL as well as experience performing administrative tasks on servers such as SQL
Salary / Rate
Hourly rate negotiable
How To Apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. If you have already filled out our Candidate Registration Form for another role previously, please contact us on email@example.com.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Anthony Mora on 0407 526 656 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Xaana ARIMA is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and we encourage applications from people of all cultures, capabilities and backgrounds.