This is an opportunity for an APS6 Financial Accountant to join a Federal Government agency.
The role will work collaboratively to provide strategic and expert financial advice to key internal stakeholders and to support the preparation and delivery of month end and annual financial reports.
The role’s responsibilities will include:
• Assisting with the preparation of annual and monthly financial statements and supporting documents
• Undertaking reconciliation of payroll, bank statements and balance sheet accounts and carry out corrective action arising from discrepancies
• Approving master data amendments to existing vendors and new vendors
• Preparation, approval and posting of complex and simple journals
• Coordination of the resolution of more complex customer enquiries and disputes
• Development of financial accounting policy and procedures to ensure the accuracy and efficiency of the financial accounting team
• Accounting for projects
• Accounting for leases, preparation of schedules for new and reconciliation of existing leases
• Provision of assistance and guidance to the other members of the financial reporting team and Divisions
• Preparation of papers on accounting positions
Your Background and Experience
Salary / Rate
How To Apply
Hourly rate negotiable
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. If you have already filled out our Candidate Registration Form for another role previously, please contact us on email@example.com.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Anthony Mora on 0407 526 656 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Xaana ARIMA is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and we encourage applications from people of all cultures, capabilities and backgrounds.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Demonstrated experience in Financial Accounting in a public sector environment
• Practical experience in the preparation of annual and monthly financial statements and application of the Australian Accounting Standards
• High level analytical and Excel skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to build and maintain relationships with stakeholders
• Experience with Technology One financials or similar Financial Management Information System
• Accounting qualifications or a degree in Commerce, Economics, Accounting or Business majoring in accounting or working towards attainment