This is an opportunity for a Technical Writer to work under the limited direction of senior staff at a Federal Government agency.
The Technical Writer will develop and maintain high level briefs, technical documentations, overview documentation that clarifies complex technical information into clear, concise language for stakeholder and user audiences.
The role’s responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
• Produce conceptual and component level diagrams depicting aspects of technology platforms.
• Develop and maintain documentation and diagram templates for use by Stakeholder teams.
• Produce high level team documentation for publication on internal agency websites.
• Co-ordinate and manage reviews of technical documentation.
• Engage and consult with technical leads and architects to gather detail required for technical documentation.
Your Background and Experience
The ideal candidate will have:
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office products - Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Visio, SharePoint.
• Demonstrated experience in the design and development of ICT Technical documentation including system design documentation, network diagrams and technical procedures.
• An understanding of ICT Infrastructure.
• Well-developed writing skills, with demonstrated ability to write in a clear and concise manner, and to convey information effectively to staff of different levels and with different information requirements.
• Well-developed interpersonal skills including interviewing, listening and negotiation skills.
• Demonstrated design skills including the ability to produce well formatted documents and clear illustrations/designs.
• Experience with production of web based documentation, preferably with Microsoft Sharepoint.
Salary / Rate
Hourly rate negotiable
How To Apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. If you have already filled out our Candidate Registration Form for another role previously, please contact us on email@example.com.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Anthony Mora on 0407 526 656 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Xaana ARIMA is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and we encourage applications from people of all cultures, capabilities and backgrounds.