You will support the Chief Finance Officer (CFO) by providing sound and timely financial analysis, preparing high quality monthly reports, managing the external and internal budget processes, liaising with stakeholders and mentoring junior finance and operations staff as required.
You will be responsible for regularly monitoring of internal budget outcomes and providing advice to business areas on their financial performance. In additional, you will oversee FMIS administration and liaise with contracted support services.
The role’s responsibilities will include:
• Management of external budget process, ensuring CBMS deadlines are met
• Effective planning and conduct of internal budget process
• Preparation of high quality monthly finance reports and forecast
• Oversight of FMIS administration function in conjunction with contracted service provider
• Preparation of financial analysis and management reports to support decision making
• Working closely with the Financial Accountant to support month-end and year-end processes, including the financial statements audit
• Oversight of internal control environment in the team’s functions, ensuring existing financial policies and procedures are updated regularly and new ones are developed where necessary
• Driving continuous improvements in areas of responsibility and mentoring junior team members where appropriate
• Any other duties and projects as and when required by the CFO
Your Background and Experience
The ideal candidate will have:
• At least 5 years of relevant experience in an APS environment, preferably with a smaller Commonwealth corporate entity.
• All round skills and experience in budgeting, analysis, reporting and financial operations.
• Proficiency in CBMS and FMIS application and processes.
• Demonstrated ability to interpret and apply accounting standards, legislation and other regulatory requirements.
• Demonstrated ability to supervise a small team and improve team performance.
• Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills.
• A proactive and motivated mindset, with the ability to meet deadlines, enhance systems and innovate in the face of challenges.
Salary / Rate
Up to $120K + 15.4% super
How To Apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. If you have already filled out our Candidate Registration Form for another role previously, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Anthony Mora on 0407 526 656 or email@example.com.
Xaana ARIMA is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and we encourage applications from people of all cultures, capabilities and backgrounds.