We are seeking to engage an experienced SQL Database Administrator to join our client's Infrastructure Support team.
The Infrastructure Support team are responsible for the design, delivery and maintenance of agency managed infrastructure platforms, and provide infrastructure services to a range of internal and external stakeholders.
SQL Database Administrators will be responsible for contributing to the operations of the Infrastructure Support team, including; maintenance and support of existing infrastructure, delivery of technical projects and improvements to departmental ICT systems, with a particular focus on designing, implementing and supporting database services across a range of platforms and operating systems.
The role’s responsibilities will include:
• Configuration and maintenance of databases and database infrastructure to ensure the ongoing stability, availability, security and optimised performance of Microsoft SQL & MySQL Services and database infrastructure
• Contribute to solution design
• Producing and reviewing project/services delivery documentation including Architecture, Designs, ‘As built documentation’ and Operating Procedures
• Building and Maintaining Stakeholder relationships (Including Executives, Business Representatives, project Managers and staff across government).
• Coordination of projects under the direction of the CTO and Infrastructure Manager
• Complete a diverse range of technical tasks within a secure environment.
• Work as part of a high functioning multi-skilled team.
• Other duties as directed.
Your Background and Experience
The ideal candidate will have:
• Demonstrated capability to scope, plan and execute on small projects – including managing, risks and issues, approvals and the balancing of multiple competing priorities.
• A working knowledge of the Information Security Manual (ISM), the Protective Security Policy Framework (PSPF), and other International Standards (ISO’s).
• The resource will demonstrate advanced skills in the following technologies:
o Microsoft SQL Server 2012 - 2019
o PaaS and IaaS platforms, such as Azure SQL
o SQL Server Integration Services, SQL Server Analysis and SQL Server Reporting Services
o SQL Replication, Clustering and Availability Groups
o T-SQL coding - Stored Procedures, Functions, Views, XML
Salary / Rate
Hourly rate negotiable
How To Apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. If you have already filled out our Candidate Registration Form for another role previously, please contact us on email@example.com.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Rita Zhang on 0493 364 203 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Xaana ARIMA is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and we encourage applications from people of all cultures, capabilities and backgrounds.