We are seeking an experienced software developer (.NET) with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Our ideal candidate will be able to work autonomously and liaise with stakeholders to implement software solutions that are secure, functional, and meet coding standards.
The Software Developer (.NET) role will work within a small flexible team to develop a range of applications to support ICT systems for agency business applications. The role will encompass all areas of software development including stakeholder engagement, detailed design, user interface design, prototyping, programming, integration, migration and research.
The role’s responsibilities will include:
• Develop innovative and forward-thinking software solutions using .NET framework, ensuring the solutions comply with information security requirements
• Provide specialist advice and/or recommendations to internal stakeholders on software solutions
• Investigate and problem solve production incidents, assess and manage associated risk(s), and develop application fixes in accordance with agency ICT processes and software frameworks
• Create and maintain technical program, end user and operational procedures documentation
• Work effectively in an agile team, and liaise with other technical experts, business areas and clients
• Meeting Quality & Performance standards for written code & team processes
• Testing, debugging, diagnosing and correcting errors and faults in applications’ programming language with established testing protocols, guidelines and quality standards to ensure programs and applications perform to specification
• Documenting and translating customer business functions and processes
Your Background and Experience
The ideal candidate will have:
• Strong experience in modern software development mythologies and frameworks including Agile and Scrum
• MS SQL Server and SQL experience including associated .NET ORM frameworks (LINQ to SQL/LINQ to Entities) along with ability extend a Microsoft SQL Server database using EF Migrations XML and JSON at various application tiers (Database, Application server, Browser).
• Implementing Restful APIs using C#
• Implementing web user interfaces according to WCAG 2.0 guidelines, and verifying compliance with those guidelines
• Information Security/Web Application Security concepts and best practices including exposure to the Information Security requirements mandated in the Australian Signals Directorate Information Security Manual (ISM) and Protective Security Policy Framework
• Using Microsoft Visual Studio Online ALM, Build and Release functionality to contribute to the Scrum development process
• High performance web applications including load testing
• Proficient with git source control and GitHub
• Complex software requirements and be able to apply their knowledge of software development within an enterprise environment using industry and Government standards and best practice
• Software quality assurance methods including unit testing, regression testing, peer code reviews and defensive programming
• Strong communications skills combined with strong analytical, problem solving and documentation skills
Salary / Rate
Hourly rate negotiable
How To Apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. If you have already filled out our Candidate Registration Form for another role previously, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Rita Zhang on 0493 364 203 or email@example.com.
Xaana ARIMA is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and we encourage applications from people of all cultures, capabilities and backgrounds."