The project requires a dedicated Data Scientist who possesses expertise in machine-learning classification algorithms such as XGBoost or LightGBM and R to support the implementation and embedding of the machine learning business and technical solution for commercial cargo.
Experience in operationalising ML in production environments is highly desirable, to advise the project team in the design and implementation of an evaluation framework to ensure the ML service continues to deliver value to the organisation. The role will report to the project's SME for business cargo operations and compliance albeit working under high-level direction.
The role’s responsibilities will include:
• Support the development of the ML technical solution which consists of an R-based program wrapper requiring periodic updates and set out data requirements to run the model
• Produce a technical document summarising everything to do with the proposed model, including out of sample performance, sampling, the variables which are used by the model, the level of testing it has undergone as well as technical details about the chosen model including the basis upon which it was chosen
• Design and document procedures for model monitoring, training/re-training, and a model review framework to mitigate against concept drift and can determine whether the model is still performing
• Help the team understand what is needed to operationalise a ML service that continues to deliver value and performs effectively over time
• Design and develop statistical models to assess ongoing impacts on business, biosecurity risk, revenue, return on investment (ROI)
• Assist the team to embed ML in the commercial cargo pathway by preparing and training ongoing personnel on model development and impact assessments
Your Background and Experience
The ideal candidate will have:
• Strong track record working in agile and multi-disciplinary teams
• Influencing and guiding decisions with senior stakeholders
• Experience using PowerBI
Salary / Rate
Hourly rate negotiable
How To Apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. If you have already filled out our Candidate Registration Form for another role previously, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Rita Zhang on 0493 364 203 or email@example.com.
Xaana ARIMA is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and we encourage applications from people of all cultures, capabilities and backgrounds."