We are seeking a Business Analyst who will be joining a diverse team of analysts and designers in providing guidance to business areas, technical staff and customers, and producing artefacts that support the scoping and delivery of projects and change initiatives.
The role’s responsibilities will include:
• Undertake analysis and modelling of current and future business processes and information management environments
• Define business problems and primary objectives of new projects. Identify and validate the key business requirements.
• Analyse client requirements and collaborate with technical specialists and business SME’s to develop fit-for-purpose solutions to business problems
• Actively support clients as they analyse their requirements for proposed business solutions
• Coordinate requirement walk-through and sign-offs, verifying with stakeholders that process models and user artefacts accurately represent business needs
• Contribute / co-ordinate work to develop estimates for human resourcing effort / cost for business analysis activities, and discovery and design phases
• Contribute to a multi-disciplinary team by assuming responsibility for assigned tasks and outcomes and ensuring they are completed in a timely fashion
• Work closely with other areas within the organisation to promote the value of a great analysis and design in achieving positive business and community outcomes
• Identify and apply industry trends that enable innovative government service delivery that can be applied to provide better government outcomes
Your Background and Experience
The ideal candidate will have:
• Advanced knowledge of Business analysis, particularly the ability to question and understand how issues integrate and to make rational judgements from available information
• Proven analytical abilities and experience developing Business Requirements Specifications, Business Cases, Functional and Non-Functional Specifications
• Practical experience analysing and modelling data, business processes, user pathways and information flows
• Well-developed written and oral communication skills
• Strong team working abilities
• Practical experience working as part of a multi-disciplinary team in an agile development environment, would be highly advantageous
• Experience leading business analysis activities within a discovery phase for large-scale digital initiatives, would be highly advantageous
• Experience and knowledge in developing system integration specifications, would be highly advantageous
• Experience and knowledge in developing IT system procurement documentation, would be highly advantageous
• Experience and knowledge of a diverse range of design practices (for example: Design thinking, Human Centered Design, User Experience), would be highly advantageous
Salary / Rate
Hourly rate negotiable
How To Apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. If you have already filled out our Candidate Registration Form for another role previously, please contact us on email@example.com.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Dora Zhang on 0493 420 287 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Xaana ARIMA is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and we encourage applications from people of all cultures, capabilities and backgrounds."