We are seeking an EL1 Infrastructure Engineer to join a Federal Government client.
The role is responsible for day-to-day operational support of networked hardware, hardware related software and other related assets; and for the support of infrastructure related incidents and change management.
The role’s responsibilities will include:
• Manage infrastructure requirements to support the deployable communications capability
• Provide operational support to networking hardware, software and deployable assets
• Manage the prioritisation and escalation of infrastructure issues to ensure timely resolution
• Communicate the end-to-end implications of configuration changes
• Analyse the quality of requests for change management
• Provide specialist technical advice on networking and deployed communications
• Proactively share knowledge and expertise as the subject matter expert
• Undertake research on emerging technologies and provide recommendations on product suitability for the agency
• Lead and manage operations of a team, including overseeing work priorities and resource management
• Contribute to technical documentation, implementation plans, test plans, and support procedures
• Engage and partner with other agencies and service providers to build capability
Your Background and Experience
The ideal candidate will have:
• Demonstrated experience and technical proficiency as a Senior Network Engineer in a large government agency or enterprise
• Experience with delivery and support of network and deployable infrastructure capabilities within an enterprise IT environment
• Demonstrated high-level written and oral communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate clearly, negotiate, liaise and consult with colleagues, senior managers and stakeholders
• Demonstrated experience in technology management of an Internet network/gateway, distributed networking or WAN environment
• Demonstrated experience and technical proficiency in wireless networking, deployed communications technologies and satellite communications
• Ability to undertake Cisco network & wireless network administration, implementation and troubleshooting
• Demonstrated experience in operational support of deployed communications technology
• Knowledge of IPSEC VPN standards
• Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision (including interstate travel to provide ICT support to end users)
• Team player with a strong customer focus
Salary / Rate
Hourly rate negotiable
How To Apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. If you have already filled out our Candidate Registration Form for another role previously, please contact us on email@example.com.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Rita Zhang on 0493 364 203 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Xaana ARIMA is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and we encourage applications from people of all cultures, capabilities and backgrounds."