We are seeking a Business Change Manager to provide the bridge between the program and business operations, defining the program benefits, assessing progress towards realisation and achieving measured improvements in business operations.
The role’s responsibilities will include:
• Manage Program reporting requirements; provide advice and direction to Program staff ensuring the interests of the sponsoring group or Senior Responsible Owner (SRO) are met by the program
• Obtaining assurance for the sponsoring group or SRO that the delivery of new capability is compatible with the realisation of benefits
• Working with the program manager to ensure that the work of the program, including the scope of each project, covers the necessary aspects required to deliver the products or services that will lead to operational benefits
• Working with the program manager to identify projects that will contribute to realising benefits and achieving outcomes
• Identifying, defining and tracking the benefits and outcomes required of the program
• Ensuring that maximum improvements are made in existing and new business operations as groups of projects deliver their products into operational use
• Leading the activities associated with benefits realisation and ensuring that continued accrual of benefits can be achieved and measured after the program has been completed
• Establishing and implementing the mechanisms by which benefits can be delivered and measured
• Taking the lead on transition management, ensuring that business as usual is maintained during the transition and the changes are effectively integrated into the business
• Preparing affected business areas for transition to new ways of working
• Optimising the timing of the release of project deliverables into business operations
Your Background and Experience
The ideal candidate will have:
• Demonstrated experience working within a Government program or project, with an understanding of the structures and culture of the organisation
• Effective marketing and communication skills to sell the program vision to staff at all levels of the organisation
• Knowledge of relevant management and business change techniques such as business process modelling and re-engineering
• Detailed knowledge of the business environment and direct business experience - in particular, they need an understanding of the management structures, politics and culture of the organisation owning the program
• Participation in the program should be an integral part of their normal responsibilities to enable changes resulting from the program to be firmly embedded in the organisation
• Experience in the use of a project scheduling tool highly desirable
• Some knowledge of relevant management and business change techniques such as business process modelling and re-engineering
Salary / Rate
Hourly rate negotiable
How To Apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. If you have already filled out our Candidate Registration Form for another role previously, please contact us on email@example.com.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Dora Zhang on 0493 420 287 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Xaana ARIMA is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and we encourage applications from people of all cultures, capabilities and backgrounds."